Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 6.3 ng/ml
- Range: 0.016 µg/ml - 1 µg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Apolipoprotein E ELISA Kit (APOE)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.7%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Cerebral Spinal Fluid
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 6.3 ng/ml
Range0.016 µg/ml - 1 µg/ml
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Cynomolgus monkey
Human Apolipoprotein E ELISA kit (ApoE) is designed for the quantitative measurement of Apolipoprotein E concentrations in human plasma, serum, cerebrospinal fluid and cell culture supernatant samples.
An Apolipoprotein E specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an Apolipoprotein E specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Apolipoprotein E captured in plate. The kit recognizes ApoE-2, ApoE-3, and ApoE-4 isoforms.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Standard Diluent 1 x 2ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Apolipoprotein E Antibody 1 x 120µl Apolipoprotein E Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Apolipoprotein E Standard 2 vials Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
ab108813 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Reyes-Soffer G et al. Effects of APOC3 Heterozygous Deficiency on Plasma Lipid and Lipoprotein Metabolism. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:63-72 (2019). PubMed: 30580564
- Chen YC et al. Indole Compound NC009-1 Augments APOE and TRKA in Alzheimer's Disease Cell and Mouse Models for Neuroprotection and Cognitive Improvement. J Alzheimers Dis 67:737-756 (2019). PubMed: 30689566
- Raha-Chowdhury R et al. Choroid Plexus Acts as Gatekeeper for TREM2, Abnormal Accumulation of ApoE, and Fibrillary Tau in Alzheimer's Disease and in Down Syndrome Dementia. J Alzheimers Dis 69:91-109 (2019). PubMed: 30909239
- Kim JY & Ou JJ Regulation of Apolipoprotein E Trafficking by Hepatitis C Virus-Induced Autophagy. J Virol 92:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29695434
- Reyes-Soffer G et al. Effects of PCSK9 Inhibition With Alirocumab on Lipoprotein Metabolism in Healthy Humans. Circulation 135:352-362 (2017). PubMed: 27986651