Product nameHuman Asialoglycoprotein Receptor 1/HL-1 peptide
See all Asialoglycoprotein Receptor 1/HL-1 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98248 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Previously labelled as Asialoglycoprotein Receptor 1.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ASGP-R 1
- ASGPR 1
FunctionMediates the endocytosis of plasma glycoproteins to which the terminal sialic acid residue on their complex carbohydrate moieties has been removed. The receptor recognizes terminal galactose and N-acetylgalactosamine units. After ligand binding to the receptor, the resulting complex is internalized and transported to a sorting organelle, where receptor and ligand are disassociated. The receptor then returns to the cell membrane surface.
Tissue specificityExpressed exclusively in hepatic parenchymal cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on a cytoplasmic Ser residue.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab98248 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.