Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman BMP2 ELISA Kit
See all BMP2 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 16 55pg/ml 4.29 = 7.8% 2 16 259pg/ml 13.25 = 5.3% 3 16 1005ng/ml 70.35 = 7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 24 59pg/ml 4.66 = 7.9% 2 24 255pg/ml 15.55 = 6.1% 3 24 1061pg/ml 83.81 = 7.9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Human BMP2 in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Human BMP2 in bone tissue, cell culture supernatants and serum.
A BMP2 specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection monoclonal antibody from mouse, specific for BMP2 is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human BMP2 amount of sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-Human BMP2 antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 100µl Biotinylated anti- human BMP2 antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant human BMP2 standard 2 x 10ng Plate Seal 1 x 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation.
Tissue specificityParticularly abundant in lung, spleen and colon and in low but significant levels in heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, prostate, ovary and small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
ab119581 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Ju C et al. Regulatory effect of miR-421 on humeral fracture and heterotopic ossification in elderly patients. Exp Ther Med 17:1903-1911 (2019). PubMed: 30783467
- Liu Y et al. Upregulation of long noncoding RNA MEG3 inhibits the osteogenic differentiation of periodontal ligament cells. J Cell Physiol 234:4617-4626 (2019). PubMed: 30256394
- Ullah I et al. VEGF - Supplemented extracellular matrix is sufficient to induce endothelial differentiation of human iPSC. Biomaterials 216:119283 (2019). PubMed: 31247481
- Chen Z et al. Newly Designed Human-Like Collagen to Maximize Sensitive Release of BMP-2 for Remarkable Repairing of Bone Defects. Biomolecules 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31487971
- Zhang H et al. MicroRNA-410 participates in the pathological process of postmenopausal osteoporosis by downregulating bone morphogenetic protein-2. Exp Ther Med 18:3659-3666 (2019). PubMed: 31602244
- Xiao W et al. Splenectomy delays fracture healing by affecting the level of tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 6 and bone morphogenetic protein. Adv Clin Exp Med 27:165-171 (2018). PubMed: 29521058