Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 14 pg/ml
- Range: 14 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman BNP ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range14 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 78.12 68% - 83% Plasma 80.96 67% - 107% Cell culture media 94.31 83% - 105%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s BNP Human ELISA Kit (ab193694) is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human BNP in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human BNP coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and the immobilized antibody captures BNP present in the samples. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human BNP antibody is added. After washing away any unbound biotinylated antibody, an HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. After incubation, the wells are again washed, followed by the addition of a TMB substrate solution to the wells. Color will develop in proportion to the amount of BNP bound in each well. Addition of the Stop Solution will change the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
PlatformPre-coated microplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated Human BNP Detection antibody 2 vials Human BNP Standards (lyophilized) 2 vials Pre-coated Human BNP Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionCardiac hormone which may function as a paracrine antifibrotic factor in the heart. Also plays a key role in cardiovascular homeostasis through natriuresis, diuresis, vasorelaxation, and inhibition of renin and aldosterone secretion. Specifically binds and stimulates the cGMP production of the NPR1 receptor. Binds the clearance receptor NPR3.
Tissue specificityBrain and also in atria, but at much lower levels than ANP.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the natriuretic peptide family.
- Information by UniProt
ab193694 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Mills RJ et al. BET inhibition blocks inflammation-induced cardiac dysfunction and SARS-CoV-2 infection. Cell 184:2167-2182.e22 (2021). PubMed: 33811809
- Mastikhina O et al. Human cardiac fibrosis-on-a-chip model recapitulates disease hallmarks and can serve as a platform for drug testing. Biomaterials 233:119741 (2020). PubMed: 31927251
- Stojanovic D et al. The partnership between renalase and ejection fraction as a risk factor for increased cardiac remodeling biomarkers in chronic heart failure patients. Curr Med Res Opin 36:909-919 (2020). PubMed: 32297799
- Mitic VT et al. Cardiac Remodeling Biomarkers as Potential Circulating Markers of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. Tohoku J Exp Med 250:233-242 (2020). PubMed: 32295985
- Hippensteel JA et al. Intravenous fluid resuscitation is associated with septic endothelial glycocalyx degradation. Crit Care 23:259 (2019). PubMed: 31337421
- Hu H et al. Association of Gene Polymorphisms in the Human MicroRNA-126 Gene with Plasma-Circulating MicroRNA-126 Levels and Acute Myocardial Infarction. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 23:460-467 (2019). PubMed: 31184921
- Stojanovic D et al. Association of Plasma Renalase and Left Ventricle Mass Index in Heart Failure Patients Stratified to the Category of the Ejection Fraction: A Pilot Study. Dis Markers 2019:7265160 (2019). PubMed: 31737132