Product nameHuman C2 peptide
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94384 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-C2 antibody (ab77498)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- C3/C5 convertase
FunctionComponent C2 which is part of the classical pathway of the complement system is cleaved by activated factor C1 into two fragments: C2b and C2a. C2a, a serine protease, then combines with complement factor 4b to generate the C3 or C5 convertase.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in C2 are the cause of complement component 2 deficiency (C2D) [MIM:217000]. A deficiency of the complement classical pathway associated with the development of autoimmune disorders, mainly systemic lupus erythematosus. Skin and joint manifestations are common and renal disease is relatively rare. Patients with complement component 2 deficiency are also reported to have recurrent or invasive infections.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 3 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
- Information by UniProt
ab94384 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.