Product nameHuman C5 / C5a peptide
See all C5 / C5a proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92654 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-C5 antibody (ab66854)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Anaphylatoxin C5a analog
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 4
FunctionActivation of C5 by a C5 convertase initiates the spontaneous assembly of the late complement components, C5-C9, into the membrane attack complex. C5b has a transient binding site for C6. The C5b-C6 complex is the foundation upon which the lytic complex is assembled.
Derived from proteolytic degradation of complement C5, C5 anaphylatoxin is a mediator of local inflammatory process. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes. C5a also stimulates the locomotion of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (chemokinesis) and direct their migration toward sites of inflammation (chemotaxis).
Involvement in diseaseComplement component 5 deficiency
An association study of C5 haplotypes and genotypes in individuals with chronic hepatitis C virus infection shows that individuals homozygous for the C5_1 haplotype have a significantly higher stage of liver fibrosis than individuals carrying at least 1 other allele (PubMed:15995705).
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 anaphylatoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
- Information by UniProt
ab92654 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.