Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.5 ng/ml
- Range: 0.51 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Chemerin ELISA Kit
See all Chemerin kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% overall < 12%
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture media
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 0.5 ng/ml
Range0.51 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum = 126.3 107% - 145% Plasma = 134.6 105% - 144% Cell culture media = 136.9 120% - 146%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Chemerin Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay designed for the quantitative measurement of Human Chemerin in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Chemerin coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Chemerin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Chemerin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated Streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Chemerin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 700X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human Chemerin 2 vials Chemerin Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human Chemerin Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
RelevanceThis gene encodes a secreted chemotactic protein that initiates chemotaxis via the ChemR23 G protein-coupled seven-transmembrane domain ligand. Expression of this gene is upregulated by the synthetic retinoid tazarotene and occurs in a wide variety of tissues. The active protein has several roles, including that as an adipokine, and is truncated on both termini from the proprotein.
- RAR-responsive protein TIG2
ab155430 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Song F et al. Association of Adipocytokines With Carotid Intima Media Thickness and Arterial Stiffness in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 11:177 (2020). PubMed: 32300333
- Léniz A et al. Chemerin concentrations in infants born small for gestational age: correlations with triglycerides and parameters related to glucose homeostasis. J Physiol Biochem N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32557228
- Fontes VS et al. Analysis of the chemerin and resistin adipokines in children and adolescents. Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992) 66:300-306 (2020). PubMed: 32520149