Key features and details
- Sample type: Cit plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (qualitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Anti-Chikungunya Virus IgG ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low + serum 23 9.4% High + serum 24 2.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low + serum 3 10.9% High + serum 3 3.7%
Sample typeSerum, Hep Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s anti-Chikungunya Virus IgG Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate qualitative measurement of IgG class antibodies against Chikungunya Virus in Human serum and plasma.
A 96-well plate has been precoated with anti-Human antibodies to bind to corresponding antibodies of the sample. Controls or test samples are added to the wells and incubated. Following washing, the Chikungunya Virus antigen is added to the wells and incubated. The wells are then washed as before and the biotinylated Chikungunya Virus antibodies are added to each well followed by incubation. After a last wash step, the streptavidin peroxidase (SP) conjugate which binds to the biotinylated Chikungunya Virus-specific antibodies is added to the wells. TMB is then catalyzed by the SP to produce a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding an acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Chikungunya Virus IgG sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 20X Washing Solution White cap 1 x 50ml Anti-Human (IgG) Coated Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Chikungunya Virus antigen Solution 1 (Lyophilized) 6 vials Chikungunya Virus biotinylated antibody Solution 2 1 x 6ml Chikungunya Virus IgG Cut-off Control 1 x 2ml Chikungunya Virus IgG Negative Control 1 x 1.5ml Chikungunya Virus IgG Positive Control 1 x 1.5ml Cover Foil 1 unit IgG Sample Diluent 1 x 100ml Stop Solution red cap 1 x 15ml Streptavidin Conjugate 1 x 6ml Strip holder 1 unit TMB Substrate Solution Yellow cap 1 x 15ml
ab177835 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kim YC et al. Development of an E2 ELISA Methodology to Assess Chikungunya Seroprevalence in Patients from an Endemic Region of Mexico. Viruses 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31052472
- Rueda JC et al. Demographic and clinical characteristics of chikungunya patients from six Colombian cities, 2014-2015. Emerg Microbes Infect 8:1490-1500 (2019). PubMed: 31631794
- Weber C et al. A small antigenic determinant of the Chikungunya virus E2 protein is sufficient to induce neutralizing antibodies which are partially protective in mice. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 9:e0003684 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25905779
- Erasmus JH et al. Utilization of an Eilat Virus-Based Chimera for Serological Detection of Chikungunya Infection. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 9:e0004119 (2015). PubMed: 26492074