Product nameHuman cIAP2 peptide
See all cIAP2 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- AIP 1
- API 2
FunctionApoptotic suppressor. The BIR motifs region interacts with TNF receptor associated factors 1 and 2 (TRAF1 and TRAF2) to form an heteromeric complex, which is then recruited to the tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2).
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fetal lung, and kidney. In the adult, expression is mainly seen in lymphoid tissues, including spleen, thymus and peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving BIRC3 is recurrent in low-grade mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT lymphoma). Translocation t(11;18)(q21;q21) with MALT1. This translocation is found in approximately 50% of cytogenetically abnormal low-grade MALT lymphoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
ab25892 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.