Product nameHuman cIAP2 peptide
See all cIAP2 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- AIP 1
- API 2
FunctionApoptotic suppressor. The BIR motifs region interacts with TNF receptor associated factors 1 and 2 (TRAF1 and TRAF2) to form an heteromeric complex, which is then recruited to the tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2).
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fetal lung, and kidney. In the adult, expression is mainly seen in lymphoid tissues, including spleen, thymus and peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving BIRC3 is recurrent in low-grade mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT lymphoma). Translocation t(11;18)(q21;q21) with MALT1. This translocation is found in approximately 50% of cytogenetically abnormal low-grade MALT lymphoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
ab25892 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.