Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman CLK2 peptide
See all CLK2 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Predicted molecular weight60 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99082 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-CLK2 antibody (ab86147)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- CDC like kinase 2
- CDC-like kinase 2
- CLK 2
FunctionPhosphorylates serine- and arginine-rich (SR) proteins of the spliceosomal complex may be a constituent of a network of regulatory mechanisms that enable SR proteins to control RNA splicing. Phosphorylates serines, threonines and tyrosines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Lammer subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylates on all three types of residues.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab99082 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.