Product nameHuman CREBBP knockout HEK293T cell line
See all CREBBP lysates
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 4 bp deletion in exon 9
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
FunctionAcetylates histones, giving a specific tag for transcriptional activation. Also acetylates non-histone proteins, like NCOA3 coactivator. Binds specifically to phosphorylated CREB and enhances its transcriptional activity toward cAMP-responsive genes. Acts as a coactivator of ALX1 in the presence of EP300.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving CREBBP may be a cause of acute myeloid leukemias. Translocation t(8;16)(p11;p13) with MYST3/MOZ; translocation t(11;16)(q23;p13.3) with MLL/HRX; translocation t(10;16)(q22;p13) with MYST4/MORF. MYST3-CREBBP may induce leukemia by inhibiting RUNX1-mediated transcription.
Defects in CREBBP are a cause of Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome type 1 (RSTS1) [MIM:180849]. RSTS1 is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by craniofacial abnormalities, broad thumbs, broad big toes, mental retardation and a propensity for development of malignancies.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 KIX domain.
Contains 2 TAZ-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 ZZ-type zinc finger.
DomainThe KIX domain mediates binding to HIV-1 Tat.
modificationsMethylation of the KIX domain by CARM1 blocks association with CREB. This results in the blockade of CREB signaling, and in activation of apoptotic response.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylation negatively regulates transcriptional activity via the recruitment of DAAX.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Recruited to nuclear bodies by SS18L1/CREST. In the presence of ALX1 relocalizes from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Homozygous: 4 bp deletion in exon9
Representative images CREBBP knockout HEK293T cells, low and high confluency examples (top left and right respectively) and wild-type HEK293T cells, low and high confluency (bottom left and right respectively) showing typical adherent, epithelial-like morphology. Images were captured at 10X magnification using a EVOS M5000 microscope.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266099 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.