Product nameHuman CSNK2A1 knockout HCT116 cell line
Parental Cell LineHCT116
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 1 bp insertion in exon 8
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HCT116 cell line (ab255451). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: McCoY5a + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 10, 11 D13S317: 10, 12 D7S820: 11, 12 D16S539: 11, 13 vWA: 17, 22 TH01: 8,9 TPOX: 8, 9 CSF1PO: 7, 10
Antibiotic resistancePuromycin 1.00µg/ml
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
FunctionCasein kinases are operationally defined by their preferential utilization of acidic proteins such as caseins as substrates. The alpha and alpha' chains contain the catalytic site. Participates in Wnt signaling. CK2 phosphorylates 'Ser-392' of p53/TP53 following UV irradiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CK2 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266864 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-CSNK2A1 antibody [EP1963Y] (ab76040) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-Type HCT116 cell lysate
Lane 2 : CSNK2A1 knockout HCT116 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa
ab76040 Anti-CSNK2A1 antibody [EP1963Y] was shown to specifically react with CSNK2A1 in wild-type HCT116 cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266864 (knockout cell lysate ab257401) was used. Wild-type and CSNK2A1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab76040 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 1000 and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Homozygous: 1 bp insertion in exon8
Representative images of CSNK2A1 knockout HCT116 cells, low and high confluency examples (top left and right respectively) and wild-type HCT116 cells, low and high confluency (bottom left and right respectively) showing typical adherent, epithelial-like morphology. Images were captured at 10X magnification using a EVOS XL Core microscope.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266864 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.