Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman CYR61/CCN1 peptide
See all CYR61/CCN1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24416 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- CCN 1
- CCN family member 1
FunctionPromotes cell proliferation, chemotaxis, angiogenesis and cell adhesion. Appears to play a role in wound healing by up-regulating, in skin fibroblasts, the expression of a number of genes involved in angiogenesis, inflammation and matrix remodeling including VEGA-A, VEGA-C, MMP1, MMP3, TIMP1, uPA, PAI-1 and integrins alpha-3 and alpha-5. CYR61-mediated gene regulation is dependent on heparin-binding. Down-regulates the expression of alpha-1 and alpha-2 subunits of collagen type-1. Promotes cell adhesion and adhesive signaling through integrin alpha-6/beta-1, cell migration through integrin alpha-v/beta-5 and cell proliferation through integrin alpha-v/beta-3.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CCN family.
Contains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
Contains 1 IGFBP N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab24416 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Ikegame M et al. Tensile stress stimulates the expression of osteogenic cytokines/growth factors and matricellular proteins in the mouse cranial suture at the site of osteoblast differentiation. Biomed Res 37:117-26 (2016). PubMed: 27108881