Key features and details
- Sample type: Cit plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Indirect
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Anti-Cytomegalovirus IgG ELISA Kit (CMV)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Pos.Serum 12 1.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Pos.Serum 4 6.2%
Sample typeSerum, Hep Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s anti-Cytomegalovirus (CMV) IgG Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the qualitative measurement of IgG class antibodies against Cytomegalovirus in Human serum and plasma.
A 96-well plate has been precoated with Cytomegalovirus antigens to bind cognate antibodies. Controls or test samples are added to the wells and incubated. Following washing, a horseradish peroxidase (HRP) labelled anti-Human IgG conjugate is added to the wells, which binds to the immobilized Cytomegalovirus-specific antibodies. TMB is then catalyzed by the HRP to produce a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding an acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Cytomegalovirus IgG sample captured in plate.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 20X Washing Solution White cap 1 x 50ml Cover foil 1 unit Cytomegalovirus antigens Coated Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Cytomegalovirus anti-IgG HRP Conjugate Black cap 1 x 20ml Cytomegalovirus IgG Cut-off Control Green cap 1 x 3ml Cytomegalovirus IgG Negative Control Blue cap 1 x 2ml Cytomegalovirus IgG Positive Control Red cap 1 x 2ml IgG Sample Diluent White cap 1 x 100ml Stop Solution red cap 1 x 15ml Strip holder 1 unit TMB Substrate Solution Yellow cap 1 x 15ml
ab108724 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Ciencewicki JM et al. Plasma Donors in the Southwestern United States Positively Contribute to the Diverse Therapeutic Antibody Profile of Immune Globulin Products. Sci Rep 10:6850 (2020). PubMed: 32321978
- Smith SL et al. Diversity of peripheral blood human NK cells identified by single-cell RNA sequencing. Blood Adv 4:1388-1406 (2020). PubMed: 32271902
- Hameiri Bowen D et al. Cytomegalovirus-Specific Immunoglobulin G is associated with chronic lung disease in children and adolescents from sub-Saharan Africa with perinatal HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33242076
- Bowyer G et al. Reduced Ebola vaccine responses in CMV+ young adults is associated with expansion of CD57+KLRG1+ T cells. J Exp Med 217:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32413101
- Styles JN et al. Human Cytomegalovirus Infections Are Associated With Elevated Biomarkers of Vascular Injury. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 10:334 (2020). PubMed: 32733818
- Salovin A et al. Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis and nonencephalitic HSV-1 infection. Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm 5:e458 (2018). PubMed: 29629396
- Przemska-Kosicka A et al. Age-Related Changes in the Natural Killer Cell Response to Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Are Not Influenced by a Synbiotic: a Randomised Controlled Trial. Front Immunol 9:591 (2018). PubMed: 29662493
- Enani S et al. Impact of ageing and a synbiotic on the immune response to seasonal influenza vaccination; a randomised controlled trial. Clin Nutr 37:443-451 (2018). PubMed: 28215759
- Slawinski BL et al. Maternal cytomegalovirus sero-positivity and autism symptoms in children. Am J Reprod Immunol 79:e12840 (2018). PubMed: 29520885
- Przemska-Kosicka A et al. Effect of a synbiotic on the response to seasonal influenza vaccination is strongly influenced by degree of immunosenescence. Immun Ageing 13:6 (2016). PubMed: 26985232