Key features and details
- Purity: > 70% HPLC
Product nameHuman Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 peptide
See all Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 proteins and peptides
Purity> 70 % HPLC.
70 - 90% by HPLC
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86259 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Calcium dependent phospholipid binding protein
- CPLA 2
FunctionSelectively hydrolyzes arachidonyl phospholipids in the sn-2 position releasing arachidonic acid. Together with its lysophospholipid activity, it is implicated in the initiation of the inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityExpressed in various tissues such as macrophages, platelets, neutrophils, fibroblasts and lung endothelium.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 PLA2c domain.
DomainThe N-terminal C2 domain associates with lipid membranes upon calcium binding. It modulates enzyme activity by presenting the active site to its substrate in response to elevations of cytosolic Ca(2+).
modificationsActivated by phosphorylation at both Ser-505 and Ser-727.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Translocates to membrane vesicles in a calcium-dependent fashion.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab86259 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.