Product nameHuman ECE1 peptide
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87264 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ECE 1
RelevanceFunction: Converts big endothelin-1 to endothelin-1. Tissue specificity: All isoforms are expressed in umbilical vein endothelial cells, polynuclear neutrophils, fibroblasts, atrium cardiomyocytes and ventricles. Isoforms A, B and C are also expressed in placenta, lung, heart, adrenal gland and phaeochromocytoma; isoforms A and C in liver, testis and small intestine; isoform B, C and D in endothelial cells and umbilical vein smooth muscle cells; isoforms C and D in saphenous vein cells, and isoform C in kidney. Disease: Hirschsprung disease cardiac defects and autonomic dysfunction Similarity: Belongs to the peptidase M13 family.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane. Single pass type II membrane protein.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab87264 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.