Product nameHuman EEA1 peptide
See all EEA1 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-EEA1 antibody - Early Endosome Marker (ab2900)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Early endosome antigen 1
- Early endosome antigen 1, 162kD
- Early endosome associated protein
FunctionBinds phospholipid vesicles containing phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and participates in endosomal trafficking.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 FYVE-type zinc finger.
DomainThe FYVE-type zinc finger domain mediates interactions with phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in membranes of early endosomes and penetrates bilayers. The FYVE domain insertion into PtdIns(3)P-enriched membranes is substantially increased in acidic conditions.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Early endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
Lane 1 - 2 : EEA1 antibody - Early Endosome Marker (ab2900) at 1/500 dilution, HEK293 Whole Cell lysate at 20 ug Lane 1 : as above Lane 2 : EEA1 peptide (ab14946) at 1 ug Secondary Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/5000 dilution Performed under reducing conditions. Predicted band size : 160kD Observed band size : 180kD (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab14946 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.