Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1 pg/ml
- Range: 0.82 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman EGF ELISA Kit
See all EGF kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 1 pg/ml
Range0.82 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.52 85% - 106% Serum 94.52 83% - 104% Plasma 93.76 84% - 105%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s EGF Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human EGF in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human EGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and EGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human EGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of EGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 600X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human EGF 2 vials EGF Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human EGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6. Can induce neurite outgrowth in motoneurons of the pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis in vitro (PubMed:10964941).
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseHypomagnesemia 4
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
modificationsO-glycosylated with core 1-like and core 2-like glycans. It is uncertain if Ser-954 or Thr-955 is O-glycosylated. The modification here shows glycan heterogeneity: HexHexNAc (major) and Hex2HexNAc2 (minor).
- Information by UniProt
- Beta urogastrone
ab100504 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Mao Y et al. The Overexpression of Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) in HaCaT Cells Promotes the Proliferation, Migration, Invasion and Transdifferentiation to Epidermal Stem Cell Immunophenotyping of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells (ADSCs). Int J Stem Cells 13:93-103 (2020). PubMed: 32114740
- Sachdeva R et al. ID1 Is Critical for Tumorigenesis and Regulates Chemoresistance in Glioblastoma. Cancer Res 79:4057-4071 (2019). PubMed: 31292163
- Kim SW et al. Amniotic mesenchymal stem cells enhance wound healing in diabetic NOD/SCID mice through high angiogenic and engraftment capabilities. PLoS One 7:e41105 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22815931