Product nameHuman EIF2S1 peptide
See all EIF2S1 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26881 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- EIF 2
- EIF 2 alpha
- EIF 2A
FunctionFunctions in the early steps of protein synthesis by forming a ternary complex with GTP and initiator tRNA. This complex binds to a 40S ribosomal subunit, followed by mRNA binding to form a 43S preinitiation complex. Junction of the 60S ribosomal subunit to form the 80S initiation complex is preceded by hydrolysis of the GTP bound to eIF-2 and release of an eIF-2-GDP binary complex. In order for eIF-2 to recycle and catalyze another round of initiation, the GDP bound to eIF-2 must exchange with GTP by way of a reaction catalyzed by eIF-2B.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eIF-2-alpha family.
Contains 1 S1 motif domain.
modificationsSubstrate for at least 4 kinases: EIF2AK1/HRI, EIF2AK2/PKR, EIF2AK3/PERK and EIF2AK4/GCN2. Phosphorylation stabilizes the eIF-2/GDP/eIF-2B complex and prevents GDP/GTP exchange reaction, thus impairing the recycling of eIF-2 between successive rounds of initiation and leading to global inhibition of translation (PubMed:15207627, PubMed:18032499). Phosphorylated; phosphorylation on Ser-52 by the EIF2AK4/GCN2 protein kinase occurs in response to amino acid starvation and UV irradiation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. The cytoplasmic granules are stress granules which are a dense aggregation in the cytosol composed of proteins and RNAs that appear when the cell is under stress. Colocalizes with NANOS3 in the stress granules (By similarity).
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab26881 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.