Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/ml
- Range: 0.0313 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman FGF-21 ELISA Kit
See all FGF21 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.2%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.031 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
Assay time5h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s FGF-21 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Human FGF-21 in plasma, serum, and cell culture supernatants.
A FGF-21 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a FGF-21 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of FGF-21 captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Standard Diluent 1 x 2ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 60X Biotinylated Human FGF-21 Antibody 1 x 100µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml FGF-21 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit FGF-21 Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionStimulates glucose uptake in differentiated adipocytes via the induction of glucose transporter SLC2A1/GLUT1 expression (but not SLC2A4/GLUT4 expression). Activity requires the presence of KLB.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.
- Information by UniProt
- FGF 21
ab125966 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Peláez-Jaramillo MJ et al. Impact of a Formulation Containing Unusual Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids, Trace Elements, Polyphenols and Plant Sterols on Insulin Resistance and Associated Disturbances. Diabetes Ther 11:229-245 (2020). PubMed: 31691133
- Mölzer C et al. Features of an altered AMPK metabolic pathway in Gilbert's Syndrome, and its role in metabolic health. Sci Rep 6:30051 (2016). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 27444220
- Dekker Nitert M et al. Placental fibroblast growth factor 21 is not altered in late-onset preeclampsia. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 13:14 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25890271
- Dekker Nitert M et al. Increased placental expression of fibroblast growth factor 21 in gestational diabetes mellitus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E591-8 (2014). PubMed: 24432989