Product nameHuman Flotillin 1 peptide
See all Flotillin 1 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41926 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Flotillin 1 antibody (ab41927)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- FLOT 1
FunctionMay act as a scaffolding protein within caveolar membranes, functionally participating in formation of caveolae or caveolae-like vesicles.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the band 7/mec-2 family. Flotillin subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Melanosome. Endosome. Membrane-associated protein of caveolae. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
ab41926 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.