Product nameHuman FOXO3A (phospho T32) peptide
See all FOXO3A proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27877 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-FOXO3A (phospho T32) antibody (ab26649)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- AF6q21 protein
FunctionTranscriptional activator which triggers apoptosis in the absence of survival factors, including neuronal cell death upon oxidative stress. Recognizes and binds to the DNA sequence 5'-[AG]TAAA[TC]A-3'.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving FOXO3 is found in secondary acute leukemias. Translocation t(6;11)(q21;q23) with MLL/HRX.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
modificationsIn the presence of survival factors such as IGF-1, phosphorylated on Thr-32 and Ser-253 by AKT1/PKB. This phosphorylated form then interacts with 14-3-3 proteins and is retained in the cytoplasm. Survival factor withdrawal induces dephosphorylation and promotes translocation to the nucleus where the dephosphorylated protein induces transcription of target genes and triggers apoptosis. Although AKT1/PKB doesn't appear to phosphorylate Ser-315 directly, it may activate other kinases that trigger phosphorylation at this residue. Phosphorylated by STK4 on Ser-209 upon oxidative stress, which leads to dissociation from YWHAB/14-3-3-beta and nuclear translocation. Phosphorylated by PIM1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus upon oxidative stress and in the absence of survival factors.
- Information by UniProt
ab27877 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.