Product nameHuman FOXP3 peptide
See all FOXP3 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16809 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Forkhead box P3
FunctionProbable transcription factor. Plays a critical role in the control of immune response.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FOXP3 are the cause of immunodeficiency polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, X-linked syndrome (IPEX) [MIM:304790]; also known as X-linked autoimmunity-immunodeficiency syndrome. IPEX is characterized by neonatal onset insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, infections, secretory diarrhea, trombocytopenia, anemia and eczema. It is usually lethal in infancy.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
Western blot using ab10901 at 1/500.
Lane 1: HEK 293 lysate.A no primary control lane showed no bands.
Lane 2: HEK 293 lysate over expressing human FOXP3.
Lane 3: HEK 293 lysate over expressing mouse FOXP3.
Lane 4: HEK 293 lysate with FOXP3 peptide ab16809.
Lane 5: HEK 293 lysate over expressing human FOXP3 with FOXP3 peptide ab16809.
Lane 6: HEK 293 lysate over expressing mouse FOXP3 with FOXP3 peptide ab16809.
All lanes with ab10901.
A no primary control lane showed no bands.
Peptide at 1
Secondary antibody: Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (HRP) ab6721 1/5000.
Exposure time: 1 minute.
Expected molecular weight: 47kD
Lysates at 20