Product nameHuman FOXP3 peptide
See all FOXP3 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16809 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Forkhead box P3
FunctionProbable transcription factor. Plays a critical role in the control of immune response.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FOXP3 are the cause of immunodeficiency polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, X-linked syndrome (IPEX) [MIM:304790]; also known as X-linked autoimmunity-immunodeficiency syndrome. IPEX is characterized by neonatal onset insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, infections, secretory diarrhea, trombocytopenia, anemia and eczema. It is usually lethal in infancy.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
Western blot using ab10901 at 1/500.
Lane 1: HEK 293 lysate.A no primary control lane showed no bands.
Lane 2: HEK 293 lysate over expressing human FOXP3.
Lane 3: HEK 293 lysate over expressing mouse FOXP3.
Lane 4: HEK 293 lysate with FOXP3 peptide ab16809.
Lane 5: HEK 293 lysate over expressing human FOXP3 with FOXP3 peptide ab16809.
Lane 6: HEK 293 lysate over expressing mouse FOXP3 with FOXP3 peptide ab16809.
All lanes with ab10901.
A no primary control lane showed no bands.
Peptide at 1
Secondary antibody: Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (HRP) ab6721 1/5000.
Exposure time: 1 minute.
Expected molecular weight: 47kD
Lysates at 20