Product nameHuman FZR1 knockout HEK293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 1 bp insertion in exon 9
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionKey regulator of ligase activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), which confers substrate specificity upon the complex. Associates with the APC/C in late mitosis, in replacement of CDC20, and activates the APC/C during anaphase and telophase. The APC/C remains active in degrading substrates to ensure that positive regulators of the cell cycle do not accumulate prematurely. At the G1/S transition FZR1 is phosphorylated, leading to its dissociation from the APC/C. Following DNA damage, it is required for the G2 DNA damage checkpoint: its dephosphorylation and reassociation with the APC/C leads to the ubiquitination of PLK1, preventing entry into mitosis.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is expressed at high levels in heart, liver, spleen and some cancer cell lines whereas isoform 3 is expressed only at low levels in these tissues.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat CDC20/Fizzy family.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated during mitosis, probably by maturation promoting factor (MPF), leading to its dissociation of the APC/C. Following DNA damage, it is dephosphorylated by CDC14B in G2 phase, leading to its reassociation with the APC/C, and allowing an efficient G2 DNA damage checkpoint.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab267263 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-FZR1 antibody [AR38.2] (ab77885) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : FZR1 knockout HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : A431 (Human epidermoid carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216777) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa
ab77885 Anti-FZR1 antibody [AR38.2] was shown to specifically react with FZR1 in wild-type HEK-293T cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab267263 (knockout cell lysate ab263208) was used. Wild-type and FZR1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab77885 and Anti-GAPDH antibody[EPR16891] - Loading Control (ab181602) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 500 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216777) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216772) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Homozygous: 1 bp insertion in exon9
Representative images FZR1 knockout HEK293T cells, low and high confluency examples (top left and right respectively) and wild-type HEK293T cells, low and high confluency (bottom left and right respectively) showing typical adherent, epithelial-like morphology. Images were captured at 10X magnification using a EVOS M5000 microscope.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab267263 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.