Product nameHuman GAS 6 peptide
See all GAS 6 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97363 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- AXL receptor tyrosine kinase ligand
- AXL stimulatory factor
FunctionLigand for tyrosine-protein kinase receptors AXL, TYRO3 and MER whose signaling is implicated in cell growth and survival, cell adhesion and cell migration. GAS6/AXL signaling plays a role in various processes such as endothelial cell survival during acidification by preventing apoptosis, optimal cytokine signaling during human natural killer cell development, hepatic regeneration, gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron survival and migration, platelet activation, or regulation of thrombotic responses.
Tissue specificityPlasma. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are widely expressed. Isoform 1 is the predominant form in spleen.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
Contains 2 laminin G-like domains.
modificationsIsoform 1 is proteolytically processed after secretion to yield a N-terminal 36 kDa protein and a C-terminal 50 kDa protein including the laminin G-like domains which activates AXL.
Gamma-carboxyglutamate residues are formed by vitamin K dependent carboxylation. These residues are essential for the binding of calcium.
- Information by UniProt
ab97363 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.