Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 1.1 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman GDF-15 ELISA Kit
See all GDF15 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range1.1 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 104.2 92% - 116% Plasma 102.9 88% - 119% Cell culture media 114.2 96% - 105%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Non human primates
Abcam's GDF-15 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay designed for the quantitative measurement of Human GDF-15 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human GDF-15 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and GDF-15 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human GDF-15 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of GDF-15 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti-Human GDF-15 2 vials GDF-15 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human GDF-15 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta, with lower levels in prostate and colon and some expression in kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
- GDF 15
Standard curve: mean of duplicates (+/- SD) with background reads subtracted
GDF-15 measured in cell culture supernatants showing quantity (ng) per mL of tested sample. Samples were diluted 20-540 fold.
GDF-15 measured in biological fluids showing quantity (pg) per mL of tested sample. Samples were diluted 2-54 fold.
ab155432 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhou B et al. GDF15 serves as a coactivator to enhance KISS-1 gene transcription through interacting with Sp1. Carcinogenesis 42:294-302 (2021). PubMed: 32966555
- Wei W et al. Difference in inflammation, atherosclerosis, and platelet activation between coronary artery aneurysm and coronary artery ectasia. J Thorac Dis 12:5811-5821 (2020). PubMed: 33209413
- Belo L et al. Hepcidin and diabetes are independently related with soluble transferrin receptor levels in chronic dialysis patients. Ren Fail 41:662-672 (2019). PubMed: 31296086
- Zhang Y et al. Sex-specific differences in the modulation of Growth Differentiation Factor 15 (GDF15) by hyperoxia in vivo and in vitro: Role of Hif-1a. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 332:8-14 (2017). PubMed: 28734801
- Zhou YM et al. Growth differentiation factor-15 (GDF-15), novel biomarker for assessing atrial fibrosis in patients with atrial fibrillation and rheumatic heart disease. Int J Clin Exp Med 8:21201-7 (2015). PubMed: 26885055