Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Granzyme B ELISA Kit (CTLA-1)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 15 356pg/ml 18 5.06% B 15 73pg/ml 5 7.38% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 536pg/ml 30 5.59% B 8 138pg/ml 9 6.76%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
Range31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 73 31.25pg/ml - 1000pg/ml
Assay time3h 45m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Granzyme B (CTLA-1) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Granzyme B in Human serum, plasma, buffered solutions and cell culture medium.
A monoclonal antibody specific Granzyme B has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known Granzyme B concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for Granzyme B are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of Granzyme B present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human Granzyme B.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-Granzyme B Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml Granzyme B Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units Granzyme B Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials HRP Diluent Red 1 x 12ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
RelevanceThe lytic enzymes of cytotoxic lymphocytes seem to be contained within lysosome-like granules found in the cytoplasm. These granules contain perforin, a membrane pore-forming protein, and a family of serine proteases (granzymes). Granzyme B, a 32 kDa protein, is a serine Aspase associated with the granules of Natural Killer (NK) cells. Granzyme B seems to be able to elicit cell death, perhaps by activating an endogenous pathway of programmed cell death.
- CTLA 1
- Fragmentin 2
ab46142 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zaborowski MP et al. Granzyme B in peripheral blood mononuclear cells as a measure of cell-mediated immune response in paraneoplastic neurological syndromes and malignancy. Cancer Immunol Immunother 70:1277-1289 (2021). PubMed: 33136178
- Sasawatari S et al. Blockade of N-Glycosylation Promotes Antitumor Immune Response of T Cells. J Immunol 204:1373-1385 (2020). PubMed: 31969386
- Zhou J et al. Prognostic and therapeutic value of CD103+ cells in renal cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 15:4979-4986 (2018). PubMed: 29805521
- Scholz S et al. Human hantavirus infection elicits pronounced redistribution of mononuclear phagocytes in peripheral blood and airways. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006462 (2017). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 28640917
- Wang Y et al. NKG2D modulates aggravation of liver inflammation by activating NK cells in HBV infection. Sci Rep 7:88 (2017). PubMed: 28273905
- Patel SA et al. Mesenchymal stem cells protect breast cancer cells through regulatory T cells: role of mesenchymal stem cell-derived TGF-beta. J Immunol 184:5885-94 (2010). Human . PubMed: 20382885
- Prakash MD et al. Active and zymogen forms of granzyme B are constitutively released from cytotoxic lymphocytes in the absence of target cell engagement. Immunol Cell Biol 87:249-54 (2009). Human . PubMed: 19079360
- Wang QJ et al. Characterization of a novel nonclassical T cell clone with broad reactivity against human renal cell carcinomas. J Immunol 181:3769-76 (2008). Human . PubMed: 18768829