Product nameHuman GYS1 (Glycogen synthase 1) knockout HeLa cell line
Parental Cell LineHeLa
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 1 bp deletion in exon 1
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HeLa cell line (ab255928). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 11, 12 D13S317: 12, 13.3 D7S820: 8, 12 D16S539: 9, 10 vWA: 16, 18 TH01: 7 TPOX: 8,12 CSF1PO: 9, 10
Antibiotic resistancePuromycin 1.00µg/ml
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
FunctionTransfers the glycosyl residue from UDP-Glc to the non-reducing end of alpha-1,4-glucan.
PathwayGlycan biosynthesis; glycogen biosynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GYS1 are the cause of muscle glycogen storage disease type 0 (GSD0b) [MIM:611556]; also known as muscle glycogen synthase deficiency. GSD0b is a metabolic disorder characterized by fasting hypoglycemia presenting in infancy or early childhood. The role of muscle glycogen is to provide critical energy during bursts of activity and sustained muscle work.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 3 family.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab265388 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 antibody [EP817Y] (ab40810) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HeLa lysate
Lane 2 : Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 knockout HeLa lysate
Lane 3 : HEK-293 lysate
Lane 4 : Daudi lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab40810 Recombinant Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 antibody [EP817Y] was shown to specifically react with Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 in wild-type HeLa cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab265388 (knockout cell lysate ab257462) was used. Wild-type and Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab40810 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 10000 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Homozygous: 1 bp deletion in exon 1.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab265388 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.