Product nameHuman H2AFY (mH2A1) knockout HEK293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 13 bp deletion in exon 2
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Antibiotic resistancePuromycin 1.00µg/ml
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
FunctionVariant histone H2A which replaces conventional H2A in a subset of nucleosomes where it represses transcription. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling. Involved in stable X chromosome inactivation. Inhibits the binding of transcription factors and interferes with the activity of remodeling SWI/SNF complexes. Inhibits histone acetylation by EP300 and recruits class I HDACs, which induces an hypoacetylated state of chromatin. In addition, isoform 1, but not isoform 2, binds ADP-ribose and O-acetyl-ADP-ribose, and may be involved in ADP-ribose-mediated chromatin modulation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 histone H2A domain.
Contains 1 Macro domain.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated at either Lys-116 or Lys-117. May also be polyubiquitinated. Ubiquitination is mediated by the CUL3/SPOP E3 complex and does not promote proteasomal degradation. Instead, it is required for enrichment in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin and in senescence-associated heterochromatin.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266241 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-mH2A1 antibody [EPR9359(2)] (ab183041) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK-293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : H2AFY knockout HEK-293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa
ab183041 was shown to react with mH2A1 in wild-type HEK-293T cells in western blot. The band observed in knockout cell line ab266241 (knockout cell lysate ab257463) lane below 40kDa may represent truncated forms and cleaved fragments. This has not been investigated further. Wild-type HEK-293T and H2AFY knockout HEK-293T cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Membrane was blocked for 1 hour at room temperature in 0.1% TBST with 3% non-fat dried milk. ab183041 and Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291) were incubated overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 1000 Dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye®800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye®680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Homozygous: 13 bp deletion in exon 2
Representative images of H2AFY knockout HEK293T cells, low and high confluency examples (top left and right respectively) and wild-type HEK293T cells, low and high confluency (bottom left and right respectively) showing typical adherent, epithelial-like morphology. Images were captured at 10X magnification using a EVOS XL Core microscope.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266241 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.