Product nameHuman HDPTP peptide
Biological activityThis peptide has been shown to block the detection of a 179kDa band by anti-HDPTP (ab12553) in Western Blot.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12580 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-HDPTP antibody (ab12553)
Additional notesThis peptide has been shown to block the detection of a 179kDa band by anti-HDPTP (ab12553) in Western Blot.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- EC 22.214.171.124
- HD PTP
FunctionMay act as a negative regulator of Ras-mediated mitogenic activity. Plays a role in ciliogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class subfamily.
Contains 1 BRO1 domain.
Contains 2 TPR repeats.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Endosome. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > cilium basal body.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab12580 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.