Product nameHuman HDPTP peptide
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12580 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Biological activityThis peptide has been shown to block the detection of a 179kDa band by anti-HDPTP (ab12553) in Western Blot.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-HDPTP antibody (ab12553)
Additional notesThis peptide has been shown to block the detection of a 179kDa band by anti-HDPTP (ab12553) in Western Blot.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- EC 22.214.171.124
- HD PTP
FunctionMay act as a negative regulator of Ras-mediated mitogenic activity. Plays a role in ciliogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class subfamily.
Contains 1 BRO1 domain.
Contains 2 TPR repeats.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Endosome. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > cilium basal body.
- Information by UniProt
ab12580 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.