Product nameHuman HEXIM1 peptide
See all HEXIM1 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26978 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-HEXIM1 antibody (ab25388)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Cardiac lineage protein 1
- CLP 1
FunctionTranscriptional regulator which functions as a general RNA polymerase II transcription inhibitor. In cooperation with 7SK snRNA sequesters P-TEFb in a large inactive 7SK snRNP complex preventing RNA polymerase II phosphorylation and subsequent transcriptional elongation. May also regulate NF-kappa-B, ESR1, NR3C1 and CIITA-dependent transcriptional activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with higher expression in placenta. HEXIM1 and HEXIM2 are differentially expressed. Expressed in endocrine tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HEXIM family.
DomainThe coiled-coil domain mediates oligomerization.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Binds alpha-importin and is mostly nuclear.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab26978 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.