Product nameHuman HGF ELISA Kit
See all HGF kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 3 pg/ml
Range2.74 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
> 98 %
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 98.35 89% - 108% Serum 108.28 96% - 120% Plasma 107.56 95% - 119%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s HGF Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human HGF in serum, plasma (EDTA and citrate), and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human HGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and HGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human HGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of HGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human HGF (lyophilized) 2 vials HGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human HGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionPotent mitogen for mature parenchymal hepatocyte cells, seems to be a hepatotrophic factor, and acts as a growth factor for a broad spectrum of tissues and cell types. Activating ligand for the receptor tyrosine kinase MET by binding to it and promoting its dimerization.
Involvement in diseaseDeafness, autosomal recessive, 39
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Plasminogen subfamily.
Contains 4 kringle domains.
Contains 1 PAN domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- F TCF
- Fibroblast derived tumor cytotoxic factor
ab100534 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sjöqvist S et al. Exosomes derived from clinical-grade oral mucosal epithelial cell sheets promote wound healing. J Extracell Vesicles 8:1565264 (2019). PubMed: 30719240
- Suzuki E et al. Secretion of high amounts of hepatocyte growth factor is a characteristic feature of cancer-associated fibroblasts with EGFR-TKI resistance-promoting phenotype: A study of 18 cases of cancer-associated fibroblasts. Pathol Int 69:472-480 (2019). PubMed: 31339210
- Strømme O et al. Myeloma-derived extracellular vesicles mediate HGF/c-Met signaling in osteoblast-like cells. Exp Cell Res 383:111490 (2019). PubMed: 31283912
- Roversi FM et al. Up-regulation of SPINT2/HAI-2 by Azacytidine in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells affects leukemic stem cell survival and adhesion. J Cell Mol Med N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30484958
- Wang X et al. Cancer-associated fibroblasts induce epithelial-mesenchymal transition through secreted cytokines in endometrial cancer cells. Oncol Lett 15:5694-5702 (2018). PubMed: 29563996
- Chang HK et al. Inducible HGF-secreting Human Umbilical Cord Blood-derived MSCs Produced via TALEN-mediated Genome Editing Promoted Angiogenesis. Mol Ther 24:1644-54 (2016). PubMed: 27434585
- Nishida S et al. Prostate cancer stem-like cells/cancer-initiating cells have an autocrine system of hepatocyte growth factor. Cancer Sci 104:431-6 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23320511
- Kim M et al. Heparin-based hydrogel as a matrix for encapsulation and cultivation of primary hepatocytes. Biomaterials 31:3596-603 (2010). PubMed: 20153045