Product nameHuman Histone H1 peptide
See all Histone H1 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab35920 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionMay play a key role in the control of gene expression during oogenesis and early embryogenesis, presumably through the perturbation of chromatin structure. Essential for meiotic maturation of germinal vesicle-stage oocytes. The somatic type linker histone H1c is rapidly replaced by H1oo in a donor nucleus transplanted into an oocyte. The greater mobility of H1oo as compared to H1c may contribute to this rapid replacement and increased instability of the embryonic chromatin structure. The rapid replacement of H1c with H1oo may play an important role in nuclear remodeling.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H1/H5 family.
Contains 1 H15 (linker histone H1/H5 globular) domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab35920 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.