Product nameHuman Histone H2A.Z peptide
See all Histone H2A.Z proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11681 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Histone H2A.Z antibody - ChIP Grade (ab4174)
Additional notesSynthetic peptide: C-SLIGKKGQQKT, corresponding to amino acids 116-126 of Human H2A.Z.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- H2A histone family member Z
FunctionVariant histone H2A which replaces conventional H2A in a subset of nucleosomes. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling. May be involved in the formation of constitutive heterochromatin. May be required for chromosome segregation during cell division.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H2A family.
modificationsMonoubiquitination of Lys-122 gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression.
Acetylated on Lys-5, Lys-8 and Lys-12 during interphase. Acetylation disappears at mitosis.
Monomethylated on Lys-5 and Lys-8 by SETD6. SETD6 predominantly methylates Lys-8, lys-5 being a possible secondary site.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
All lanes : Anti-Histone H2A.Z antibody - ChIP Grade (ab4174) at 1/500 dilution
Lanes 1 & 3 : Calf thymus histone lysate
Lanes 2 & 4 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H2A.Z peptide (ab11681) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 15 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?