Product nameHuman hnRNP A2B1 peptide
See all hnRNP A2B1 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31643 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein B1
FunctionInvolved with pre-mRNA processing. Forms complexes (ribonucleosomes) with at least 20 other different hnRNP and heterogeneous nuclear RNA in the nucleous.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Component of ribonucleosomes. Predominantly nucleoplasmic, however isoform A2 is also found in the cytoplasm of cells in some tissues. Not found in the nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab31643 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.