Product nameHuman HuR / ELAVL1 peptide
See all HuR / ELAVL1 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28843 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ELAV (embryonic lethal abnormal vision Drosophila) like 1
- ELAV (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision, Drosophila) like 1 (Hu antigen R)
- ELAV like 1
FunctionInvolved in 3'-UTR ARE-mediated MYC stabilization. Binds avidly to the AU-rich element in FOS and IL3/interleukin-3 mRNAs. In the case of the FOS AU-rich element, HUR binds to a core element of 27 nucleotides that contain AUUUA, AUUUUA and AUUUUUA motifs.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RRM elav family.
Contains 3 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsMethylated at Arg-217 by CARM1 in macrophages in response to LPS challenge.
- Information by UniProt
ab28843 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.