Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IGFBP2 ELISA Kit
See all IGFBP2 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 100.25 86% - 105% Serum 95.77 84% - 103% Plasma 97.59 85% - 104%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s IGFBP2 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human IGFBP2 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human IGFBP2 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IGFBP2 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human IGFBP2 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IGFBP2 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human IGFBP2 (lyophilized) 2 vials IGFBP2 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human IGFBP2 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionInhibits IGF-mediated growth and developmental rates. IGF-binding proteins prolong the half-life of the IGFs and have been shown to either inhibit or stimulate the growth promoting effects of the IGFs on cell culture. They alter the interaction of IGFs with their cell surface receptors.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IGFBP N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 thyroglobulin type-1 domain.
DomainThe C-terminus is required for IGF-binding and growth inhibition.
- Information by UniProt
- BP 2
- IBP 2
ab100540 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chang YC et al. The generation of induced pluripotent stem cells for macular degeneration as a drug screening platform: identification of curcumin as a protective agent for retinal pigment epithelial cells against oxidative stress. Front Aging Neurosci 6:191 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25136316
- Sunderic M et al. Protein molecular forms of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 change with aging. Exp Gerontol 58C:154-158 (2014). PubMed: 25106097
- Nedic O et al. Detection and identification of oxidized insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins and receptors in patients with colorectal carcinoma. Free Radic Biol Med 65:1195-200 (2013). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 24051179