Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 0.02 ng/ml - 15 ng/ml
- Sample type: Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IgG ELISA Kit
See all IgG kits
Sample typeSerum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
Range0.02 ng/ml - 15 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 116.1 105% - 123% Plasma 118.1 99% - 126%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IgG ELISA kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Human IgG in serum and plasma. (UniprotID: Q60590)
The Human immune system consists of two functional components classified as the innate system (the physical, biochemical and cellular barriers), and the adaptive immune system (including lymphocytes and immunoglobulins). Immunoglobulins are the key elements of the humoral immune response in vertebrate against parasitic invasion.
The polypeptide chains of immunoglobulins composed of two identical heavy (H) chains and two identical light (L) chains linked together by inter-chain disulfide bonds. While the amino-terminal portions that exhibits highly variable amino-acid composition are involved in antigen binding, the C terminal constant parts are involved in complement binding, placental passage and binding to cell membranes. Based upon the variation of the constant region of the heavy chain, nine immunoglobulin heavy chain isotypes are found in humans: IgA (with subclasses IgA1 and IgA2), IgD, IgE, IgM, and IgG (with subclasses IgG1, IgG2, IgG3, and IgG4).
IgG is the predominant immunoglobulin in the serum, which accounts for 75% of the total serum antibody of healthy individuals. IgG has a molecular weight of about 150 kDa. Four distinct subgroups of human IgG (IgG1, IgG2, IgG3, and IgG4) were first demonstrated in the 1960’s by using polyclonal antisera prepared in animals immunized with human myeloma proteins.
The capture antibody of the kit ab100547 detects the Fc portion of the heavy chain of all subclasses of human IgG and the detection antibody detects the F(ab’)2 fragment of IgG.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 4,000X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 2 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human IgG (lyophilized) 2 vials IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human IgG Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Ig gamma 1 chain C region
- Ig gamma 2 chain C region
- Ig gamma 3 chain C region
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab100547 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Masuda C et al. Bevacizumab suppresses the growth of established non-small-cell lung cancer brain metastases in a hematogenous brain metastasis model. Clin Exp Metastasis 37:199-207 (2020). PubMed: 31768815
- Jindan RA et al. Clinical Interpretation of Detection of IgM Anti-Brucella Antibody in the Absence of IgG and Vice Versa; a Diagnostic Challenge for Clinicians. Pol J Microbiol 68:51-57 (2019). PubMed: 31050253
- Quiroz JA et al. Human monoclonal antibodies against chikungunya virus target multiple distinct epitopes in the E1 and E2 glycoproteins. PLoS Pathog 15:e1008061 (2019). PubMed: 31697791
- Yamamoto M et al. Analysis of allergic reaction in IgG4-related disease. Mod Rheumatol N/A:1-3 (2019). PubMed: 30676808
- Ciupe SM et al. A Bistable Switch in Virus Dynamics Can Explain the Differences in Disease Outcome Following SIV Infections in Rhesus Macaques. Front Microbiol 9:1216 (2018). PubMed: 29930544