Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 5 pg/ml
- Range: 12.5 pg/ml - 400 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-10 ELISA Kit
See all IL-10 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% sample 6 3.2% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% sample 6 7.3%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 5 pg/ml
Range12.5 pg/ml - 400 pg/ml
Assay time2h 40m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s IL-10 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-10 in supernatants, buffered solutions, serum and plasma samples.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-10 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-10 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-10 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-10 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-10.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human IL-10 ELISA Kit (ab185986) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated anti IL-10 Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7ml 1 x 13ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml Control Silver 2 vials 4 vials HRP Diluent Red 1 x 12ml 1 x 23ml IL-10 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units IL-10 Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials Plastic Plate Covers 2 units 4 units Standard Diluent (Serum) 1 x 7ml 2 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
FunctionInhibits the synthesis of a number of cytokines, including IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-3, TNF and GM-CSF produced by activated macrophages and by helper T-cells.
Tissue specificityProduced by a variety of cell lines, including T-cells, macrophages, mast cells and other cell types.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-10 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
SimpleStep ELISA kits
IL-10 detected in supernatants from control cells (C) or cells stimulated for 24 hours with 50 ng x mL-1 of PMA (ab120297), with the addition of 1 ug x mL-1 of LPS (Sigma) (P/L) for the last 6 hours. PBMCs were stimulated for 48 hours with 2 % PHA-M (LifeTechnologies). Results shown after background signal was subtracted (duplicates +/- SD).
Representative standard curve using ab46034
ab46034 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Wang J et al. Identification of a novel microRNA-141-3p/Forkhead box C1/ß-catenin axis associated with rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblast function in vivo and in vitro. Theranostics 10:5412-5434 (2020). PubMed: 32373221
- Mostafaei S et al. Simultaneous Effects of Viral Factors of Human Papilloma Virus and Epstein-Barr Virus on Progression of Breast and Thyroid Cancers: Application of Structural Equation Modeling. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 21:1431-1439 (2020). PubMed: 32458652
- Fonseca BM et al. Decidual NK cell-derived conditioned medium from miscarriages affects endometrial stromal cell decidualisation: endocannabinoid anandamide and tumour necrosis factor-a crosstalk. Hum Reprod 35:265-274 (2020). PubMed: 31990346
- Gao Q et al. Bupleuri Radix Prevents the Recurrences of Resected Colonic Polyps by Affecting Angiogenin-2-Induced Protein Kinase B/Akt Signaling. J Oncol 2020:3531652 (2020). PubMed: 33204262
- Cao G et al. Human Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Derived Exosomal microRNA-19b Promotes the Healing of Skin Wounds Through Modulation of the CCL1/TGF-ß Signaling Axis. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol 13:957-971 (2020). PubMed: 33364805