Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1.3 pg/ml
- Range: 1.56 pg/ml - 50 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-10 ELISA Kit High Sensitivity
See all IL-10 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 7.8% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 10.2%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 1.3 pg/ml
Range1.56 pg/ml - 50 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94 % - % Serum 80 59% - 93%
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s IL-10 Human High Sensitivity in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-10 in Human sera, plasmas, buffered solutions and cell culture media.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-10 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-10 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-10 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-10 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-10.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human IL-10 ELISA Kit (ab185986) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml Amplification Diluent Brown & blue spot 1 x 15ml Amplifier Yellow 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti IL-10 Red 1 x 400µl Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml IL-10 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit IL-10 Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl
FunctionInhibits the synthesis of a number of cytokines, including IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-3, TNF and GM-CSF produced by activated macrophages and by helper T-cells.
Tissue specificityProduced by a variety of cell lines, including T-cells, macrophages, mast cells and other cell types.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-10 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab46059 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sahbudak Bal Z et al. Diagnostic Accuracy of Interleukin-6, Interleukin-8, and Interleukin-10 for Predicting Bacteremia in Children with Febrile Neutropenia. Turk J Haematol 34:254-257 (2017). PubMed: 28148470
- Sammour I et al. The Effect of Gender on Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) Efficacy in Neonatal Hyperoxia-Induced Lung Injury. PLoS One 11:e0164269 (2016). PubMed: 27711256
- Han K et al. Efficacy of double-coated probiotics for irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized double-blind controlled trial. J Gastroenterol N/A:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27178566
- Hasegawa T et al. Chafuroside B, an Oolong Tea Polyphenol, Ameliorates UVB-Induced DNA Damage and Generation of Photo-immunosuppression Related Mediators in Human Keratinocytes. PLoS One 8:e77308 (2013). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 24116222