Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.75 pg/ml
- Range: 0.78 pg/ml - 25 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-12 ELISA Kit High Sensitivity
See all IL-12 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample A 8 16.1pg/ml 1.25 7.8% Sample B 8 6.1pg/ml 0.4 6.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample B 20 6pg/ml 0.6 9.5% Sample A 20 16pg/ml 1.2 7.9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 0.75 pg/ml
Range0.78 pg/ml - 25 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IL-12 ELISA kit High Sensitivity is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-12 in Human serum, plasma, buffered solutions and cell culture medium.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-12 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-12 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-12 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-12 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-12.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml Amplification Diluent Brown & blue spot 1 x 15ml Amplifier Yellow 1 x 200µl Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml Biotinylated anti-IL-12 p70 Red 1 x 0.4ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml IL-12 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit IL-12 Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials Standard Diluent (Serum) 1 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl
FunctionCytokine that can act as a growth factor for activated T and NK cells, enhance the lytic activity of NK/lymphokine-activated Killer cells, and stimulate the production of IFN-gamma by resting PBMC.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- CLMF p35
- CLMF p40
ab46035 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Aninagyei E et al. Elevated IL-12, TNF-a, and TNF-a/IL-10 Ratios in Stored Plasmodium falciparum-Infected Whole Blood: Implications for Safe Haemotransfusion. J Immunol Res 2020:9394585 (2020). PubMed: 33195706
- Huang C et al. Exosomal MALAT1 derived from oxidized low-density lipoprotein-treated endothelial cells promotes M2 macrophage polarization. Mol Med Rep 18:509-515 (2018). PubMed: 29750307
- Pham PV et al. Targeting breast cancer stem cells by dendritic cell vaccination in humanized mice with breast tumor: preliminary results. Onco Targets Ther 9:4441-51 (2016). PubMed: 27499638
- Pham PV et al. A simple in vitro method for evaluating dendritic cell-based vaccinations. Onco Targets Ther 7:1455-64 (2014). Sandwich ELISA . PubMed: 25170272