Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.5 pg/ml
- Range: 1.6 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-17 ELISA Kit
See all IL-17A kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.1%
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range1.6 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 113.6 % - % Serum 107 % - %
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s IL-17 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human IL-17 concentrations in Cell culture supernatant, serum and plasma (citrate, heparin).
Human IL-17 specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells along with a biotin-conjugated Human IL-17 detection antibody then incubated at room temperature. Following washing, a Streptavidin-HRP conjugate is added to each well, incubated at room temperature and washed. TMB is added and then catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after addition of an acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Human IL-17 captured on the plate.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 4 units Biotin-Conjugate anti-Human IL-17 monoclonal antibody 1 x 70µl Control high (80 - 220 pg/ml) 1 vial Control low (5 - 20 pg/ml) 1 vial Human IL-17 Standard Lyophilized (200 pg/mL on reconstitution) 2 vials Microplate coated with monoclonal antibody to Human Il-17 (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Sample Diluent 1 x 12ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
FunctionInduces stromal cells to produce proinflammatory and hematopoietic cytokines. Enhances the surface expression of the intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) in fibroblasts.
Tissue specificityRestricted to activated memory T-cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-17 family.
modificationsFound both in glycosylated and nonglycosylated forms.
- Information by UniProt
- CTLA 8
ab119535 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Aierken A et al. Correlation between asthmatic infants with rickets and vitamin D, inflammatory factors and immunoglobulin E. Exp Ther Med 20:2122-2126 (2020). PubMed: 32765686
- Wang X et al. Increased HERV-E clone 4-1 expression contributes to DNA hypomethylation and IL-17 release from CD4+ T cells via miR-302d/MBD2 in systemic lupus erythematosus. Cell Commun Signal 17:94 (2019). PubMed: 31412880
- Wang X et al. Effect of regional arterial infusion combined with early enteral nutrition on severe acute pancreatitis. J Int Med Res 47:6235-6243 (2019). PubMed: 31662003
- Wang CY et al. Effect of Liuweibuqi capsules on CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells, helper T cells and lung function in patients with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease complicated with lung Qi deficiency. J Thorac Dis 10:2700-2711 (2018). PubMed: 29997932
- Iki H et al. Effect of exercise therapy on cytokine secretion in the saliva of bedridden patients. J Phys Ther Sci 28:2871-2876 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27821953