Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 24.69 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-18BP ELISA Kit
See all IL-18BP kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
Range24.69 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 106.7 96% - 121% Serum 83.5 74% - 97% Plasma 82.3 72% - 96%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s IL-18BP (Interleukin-18 Binding Protein) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human IL-18BP in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human IL-18BP coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-18BP present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human IL-18 BP antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-18BP bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human IL-18BP 2 vials IL-18BP Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human IL-18BP Standard (lyophilized) 2 units Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionIsoform A binds to IL-18 and inhibits its activity. Functions as an inhibitor of the early TH1 cytokine response.
Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in heart, lung, placenta and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- IL18 binding protein
ab100559 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Nawaz SS et al. Potential role of serum fetuin-A in relation with pro-inflammatory, chemokine and adhesion molecules in diabetic kidney disease: a case-control study. Mol Biol Rep 46:1239-1246 (2019). PubMed: 30632070
- Menale C et al. Bisphenol A effects on gene expression in adipocytes from children: association with metabolic disorders. J Mol Endocrinol 54:289-303 (2015). PubMed: 25878060
- Uzan B et al. Interleukin-18 produced by bone marrow-derived stromal cells supports T-cell acute leukaemia progression. EMBO Mol Med 6:821-34 (2014). PubMed: 24778454