Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 5 pg/ml
- Range: 3.13 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-4 ELISA Kit
See all IL-4 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 5 pg/ml
Range3.13 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 101.43 85% - 106% Serum 94.58 83% - 103% Plasma 96.24 84% - 104%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s IL-4 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human IL-4 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human IL-4 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipette into the wells and IL-4 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human IL-4 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-4 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human IL-4 2 vials IL-4 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human IL-4 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceIL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells. It is a ligand for interleukin 4 receptor. The interleukin 4 receptor also binds to IL13, which may contribute to many overlapping functions of this cytokine and IL13. STAT6, a signal transducer and activator of transcription, has been shown to play a central role in mediating the immune regulatory signal of IL-4. IL-4, IL3, IL5, IL13, and CSF2 form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 5q, with this gene particularly close to IL13. IL-4, IL13 and IL5 are found to be regulated coordinately by several long-range regulatory elements in an over 120 kilobase range on the chromosome. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants of IL-4 encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- B cell growth factor 1
- B cell stimulatory factor 1
- BCGF 1
ab100570 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Shen DD et al. Liuweibuqi capsules improve pulmonary function in stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with lung-qi deficiency syndrome by regulating STAT4/STAT6 and MMP-9/TIMP-1. Pharm Biol 57:744-752 (2019). PubMed: 31679431
- Okamgba OC et al. Variations in the leukocyte and cytokine profiles between placental and maternal circulation in pregnancy-associated malaria. Res Rep Trop Med 9:1-8 (2018). PubMed: 30050350
- Hosseinkhani B et al. Extracellular Vesicles Work as a Functional Inflammatory Mediator Between Vascular Endothelial Cells and Immune Cells. Front Immunol 9:1789 (2018). PubMed: 30131806