Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.8 pg/ml
- Range: 1.56 pg/ml - 50 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-6 ELISA Kit High Sensitivity
See all IL-6 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample 1 18 25pg/ml 3 12.2% Sample 2 18 12pg/ml 1 8.7% Sample 3 18 6pg/ml 1 13.7% Sample 4 18 41pg/ml 2 5.9% Sample 5 18 31pg/ml 1 4.9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 0.8 pg/ml
Range1.56 pg/ml - 50 pg/ml
Assay time3h 45m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IL-6 ELISA kit - High sensitivity is a sandwich ELISA kit for the quantitative measurement of IL-6 in supernatants, buffered solutions, serum, plasma and other body fluids. This assay will recognise both natural and recombinant Human IL-6.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-6 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-6 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-6 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-6 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-6.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human IL-6 ELISA Kit (ab178013) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-IL-6 Red 1 x 0.4ml 2 x 0.4ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 12ml 1 x 23ml IL-6 HS Control Yellow 2 vials 4 vials IL-6 HS Standard (Lyophilized) Orange 2 vials 4 vials IL-6 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units Plastic Plate Covers 1 x 2 units 1 x 4 units Standard Diluent (Serum) 1 x 7ml 2 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Information by UniProt
- Interleukin BSF 2
- B cell differentiation factor
- B cell stimulatory factor 2
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab46042 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Li F et al. 3D Spheroids with Primary Human Liver Cells and Differential Roles of Kupffer Cells in Drug-Induced Liver Injury. J Pharm Sci N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32145211
- Li J et al. HOXC10 promotes cell migration, invasion, and tumor growth in gastric carcinoma cells through upregulating proinflammatory cytokines. J Cell Physiol 235:3579-3591 (2020). PubMed: 31552684
- Saheb Sharif-Askari F et al. Low Vitamin D Serum Level Is Associated with HDL-C Dyslipidemia and Increased Serum Thrombomodulin Levels of Insulin-Resistant Individuals. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 13:1599-1607 (2020). PubMed: 32494176
- Koziol K et al. Changes in ?H2AX and H4K16ac levels are involved in the biochemical response to a competitive soccer match in adolescent players. Sci Rep 10:14481 (2020). PubMed: 32879387
- Soriano-Maldonado A et al. Physical Exercise following bariatric surgery in women with Morbid obesity: Study protocol clinical trial (SPIRIT compliant). Medicine (Baltimore) 99:e19427 (2020). PubMed: 32195937