Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 25 pg/ml
- Range: 62.5 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-8 ELISA Kit
See all IL-8 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Pooled Data 3.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample 1 18 1682pg/ml 152 9% Sample 2 18 1004pg/ml 111 11% Sample 3 18 768pg/ml 69 8.9% Sample 4 18 1497pg/ml 149 9.9% Sample 5 18 880pg/ml 83 9.4%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 25 pg/ml
Range62.5 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Assay time1h 40m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IL-8 ELISA kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-8 supernatants, buffered solutions, serum and plasma samples. (Genecards: CXCL8)
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-8 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-8 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-8 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-8 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-8.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-IL-8 Red 1 x 0.4ml 2 x 0.4ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml IL-8 Control Silver 2 vials 4 vials IL-8 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units IL-8 Standard Yellow 2 vials 4 vials Plastic Plate Covers 2 units 4 units Standard Diluent (Serum) 1 x 7ml 2 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 10C
Representative Standard Curve using ab46032
IL-8 detected in supernatants from control cells (C) or cells stimulated for 24 hours with 50 ng x mL-1 of PMA (ab120297) (P), and with the addition of 1 ug x mL-1 of LPS (Sigma) (P/L) for the last 6 hours. The positive control is included (Pos.). Results shown after background signal was subtracted (duplicates +/- SD).
ab46032 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Qu S et al. MicroRNA-194 reduces inflammatory response and human dermal microvascular endothelial cells permeability through suppression of TGF-ß/SMAD pathway by inhibiting THBS1 in chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Cell Biochem 121:111-124 (2020). PubMed: 31190349
- Yang Y et al. Mechanism of IL-8-induced acute lung injury through pulmonary surfactant proteins A and B. Exp Ther Med 19:287-293 (2020). PubMed: 31853301
- Wang J et al. Crocin has pharmacological effects against the pathological behavior of colon cancer cells by interacting with the STAT3 signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 19:1297-1303 (2020). PubMed: 32010302
- Furuya H et al. Comparison of Commercial ELISA Kits, a Prototype Multiplex Electrochemoluminescent Assay, and a Multiplex Bead-Based Immunoassay for Detecting a Urine-Based Bladder-Cancer-Associated Diagnostic Signature. Diagnostics (Basel) 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31671775
- Shishkova D et al. Calcium Phosphate Bions Cause Intimal Hyperplasia in Intact Aortas of Normolipidemic Rats through Endothelial Injury. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31731607