Product nameHuman IL13RA2 knockout A375 cell line
Parental Cell LineA375
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 1 bp deletion in exon 3
Knockout validationImmunocytochemistry (ICC), Sanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type A375 cell line (ab275461). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% Dimethylsulfoxide, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionBinds as a monomer with high affinity to interleukin-13 (IL13), but not to interleukin-4 (IL4).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 5 subfamily.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
DomainThe WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
The box 1 motif is required for JAK interaction and/or activation.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab273381 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
All lanes : Anti-IL-13 receptor alpha 2 antibody [EPR22978-163] (ab260044) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type A375 cell lysate
Lane 2 : IL13RA2 knockout A375 cell lysate
Lane 3 : U-87-MG cell lysate
Lane 4 : Daudi cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 49 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab260044 was shown to react with IL-13 receptor alpha 2 in wild-type A375 cells in western blot with loss of signal observed in IL13RA2 knockout cell line ab273371 (knockout cell lysate ab275532). Wild-type and IL13RA2 knockout A375 cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Membranes were blocked in fluorescent western blot (TBS-based) blocking solution before incubation with ab260044 and ab7291 (Mouse anti-Alpha Tubulin [DM1A]) overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 1000 dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were incubated with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
ab260044 staining IL-13 receptor alpha 2 in wild-type A375 cells (top panel) and IL13RA2 knockout A375 cells (bottom panel) (ab273381). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) then permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab260044 at 1/500 dilution and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin) at 1/1000 dilution overnight at 4°C followed by a further incubation at room temperature for 1h with a goat secondary antibody to rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150081) at 2 μg/ml (shown in green) and a goat secondary antibody to mouse IgG (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab150120) at 2 μg/ml (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems TCS SP8).
Homozygous: 1 bp deletion in exon 3
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab273381 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.