Product nameHuman ING4 peptide
See all ING4 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197784 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-ING4 antibody [EP3804] (ab108621)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C long term.
- Brain my036 protein
- Candidate tumor suppressor p33 ING 1 homolog
- Candidate tumor suppressor p33 ING1 homolog
FunctionComponent of the HBO1 complex which has a histone H4-specific acetyltransferase activity, a reduced activity toward histone H3 and is responsible for the bulk of histone H4 acetylation in vivo. Through chromatin acetylation it may function in DNA replication. May inhibit tumor progression by modulating the transcriptional output of signaling pathways which regulate cell proliferation. Can suppress brain tumor angiogenesis through transcriptional repression of RELA/NFKB3 target genes when complexed with RELA. May also specifically suppress loss of contact inhibition elicited by activated oncogenes such as MYC. Represses hypoxia inducible factor's (HIF) activity by interacting with HIF prolyl hydroxylase 2 (EGLN1).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ING family.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
ab197784 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.