Product nameHuman Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE peptide
See all Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32215 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE antibody (ab32216)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Abeta-degrading protease
FunctionPlays a role in the cellular breakdown of insulin, IAPP, glucagon, bradykinin, kallidin and other peptides, and thereby plays a role in intercellular peptide signaling. Degrades amyloid formed by APP and IAPP. May play a role in the degradation and clearance of naturally secreted amyloid beta-protein by neurons and microglia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M16 family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell surface. Present at the cell surface of neuron cells. The membrane-associated isoform is approximately 5 kDa larger than the known cytosolic isoform.
- Information by UniProt
ab32215 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.