Product nameHuman Islet 1 peptide
See all Islet 1 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Islet 1 antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab20670)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Insulin gene enhancer protein ISL 1
- Insulin gene enhancer protein ISL-1
- Insulin related protein
FunctionBinds to one of the cis-acting domain of the insulin gene enhancer.
Tissue specificityExpressed in subsets of neurons of the adrenal medulla and dorsal root ganglion, inner nuclear and ganglion cell layers in the retina, the pineal and some regions of the brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
- Information by UniProt
Dorsal root ganglion explants were dissected from 16 day-old rat embryos and cultured for 6 hours in vitro with Neurobasal Medium containing B27 supplement.
Nuclei stained positive for anti-Islet 1 antibody ab20670 at 2µg/ml. As would be expected, not all cells in this preparation were Islet 1-positive. Pre-incubation of ab20670 with the immunizing peptide ab21996 resulted in complete blocking of the antibody.
Green = ab20670
Blue = To-pro-3 nuclear stain
The level of magnification is different in each image.
This product has been referenced in:
- Moreno N et al. Characterization of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in the forebrain of anuran amphibians. J Comp Neurol 520:330-63 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 21674496) »
- Moreno N et al. Islet1 as a marker of subdivisions and cell types in the developing forebrain of Xenopus. Neuroscience 154:1423-39 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18515014) »